Oct

Philippine International Marathon (PIM) Marathon Route

The Philippine International Marathon (PIM), the last international marathon for the year to be staged on November 08, 2009 for the improvement of the Pasig River, has released the route for the full marathon albeit in text form:

The PIM 42K route in text

The PIM 42K route in text

I don’t know about you but I don’t understand text routes so with the aid of Google Earth I plotted the route to the best of my understanding (accuracy not guaranteed):

Rendering of PIM 42K route based on text directions above

Rendering of PIM 42K route based on text directions above

11 Responses to “Philippine International Marathon (PIM) Marathon Route”

1. 2009-10-12 at 10:09 AM

sipag a. thanks for sharing this.

2. 2009-10-12 at 3:59 PM

Thank you. I will run this marathon and I was actually not familiar with some of the mentioned streets on the text route.

3. 2009-10-12 at 11:48 PM

Ayos ka Dens, tiyaga ah! Thanks for sharing man. Takbuhin mo to?

4. 2009-10-13 at 10:35 AM

You’re welcome everyone! I plotted this so that I may run it in the future as I am not doing PIM (at least for 42K). This is what happens when you can’t run because of colds and is stuck at home 😀

5. 6 usrunner
    2009-10-21 at 9:52 PM

I will be in town for the weekend of the marathon. However I am having trouble finding information on registration, start times, start location, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2009-10-22 at 9:58 AM

Good day! If you’re registering for the PIM you can do so via Gold’s Gym. I’ll post an update soon about more registration partners the next few days 🙂

6. 8 Art
    2009-10-26 at 8:55 AM

Thanks for the great blog, Dhenz. I’ll see if I can go the full route.

7. 10 Ed
    2009-10-27 at 1:53 PM

Thanks for this : ) Big help in visualizing the route since I’m not familiar with the Manila portion of streets near Quirino. This will be my first — if I finish.

8. 11 Jo Paiso
    2009-10-28 at 8:47 AM

Dhenztm,

Thanks for posting this map. The official route by text is not very helpful. Your map rendering is better. It gives the runner good perspective of the race and possible conditions to encounter in the different sectors. Again thank you and more power to you. See you on the road one day.

JPaiso

✍  I’d love to hear from you!  Share your feedback:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow runningpinoy on WordPress.com

🌏 Visits

• 1,221,491 and counting!
Flag Counter
Thank you for visiting!
🇵🇭
The MIRACLE isn’t that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the COURAGE to START
– John “The Penguin Runner” Bingham
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks Shop Amazon - Give the Gift of Amazon Prime Amazon Prime - Give the Gift of Prime

%d bloggers like this: