It’s raining races this November as its last two Sundays were filled with five races happening simultaneously within Metro Manila alone! Is that crazy or what?
Let’s first take a look at this Sunday’s races:
- 5K FTW (“For the Warrior”) at Filinvest Corporate City, Alabang, a benefit run for cancer warrior Tito Joe.
- Haribon Foundation’s The Million Hectare Challenge 2010 at McKinley Hill, Taguig City, a 3K, 5K, and 10K run for the benefit of the ROAD TO 2020 campaign which aims to restore 1 million hectares of forests by year 2020 using native tree species.
- The clash of the titans: the Big Blue Run II of ADMU in Ateneo Campus-Katipunan, and the Animo! Run of DLSU in SM Mall of Asia. Both races sport a 3K, 5K, and 10K event.
- Finally, completing the Runrio Trilogy of races is the second edition of Run United. It spans both Saturday and Sunday because it practically has all the standard distances between 3K to its main event, 32K. Make sure to check when your race is set.
For those who still want to catch the wave you still have your last chance to register for the events the following weekend. Closing the month of November are:
- Greenovation: Running towards one million trees and beyond by DLSU at SM Mall of Asia for the benefit of One Million Trees and Beyond project. Distances and fees: 3K, P400; 5K, P500; 10K, P550; and 15K, P600.
- Run BGC by Runrio at Bonifacio Global City for the benefit of Fort Bonifacio Development Foundation, Inc. where a Chevrolet Cruze is being raffled off. Distances and fees: 3K, P400; 5K, P500; 10K, P600; and 21K, P750.
- McHappy Day Fun Run by McDonald’s at McKinley Hill for the benefit of the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC), and its banner program, Bright Minds Read (BMR). Distances and fees: 500m for kids 7 years old and below, 3K, 5K, and 10K, all at P350 with a special rate of P1,250 for groups of four (4).
Not to be left behind are the Metro’s up and coming race destinations, Newport City and Ortigas Center:
- Grand Fiesta Run 2010 at Newport City, Pasay (across NAIA Terminal 3) where you stand a chance to win in the raffle for a three-day, two-night trip for four to Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore with complimentary tickets to Universal Studios, aboard Resorts World Manila’s private jet. Distances and fees: 1K “rat race”, 3K, 5K, and 10K, all at P650.
- KaRUNungan 2010: A Run for Knowledge by the Knowledge Channel at Ortigas Center (Meralco Compound) for the benefit of the Knowledge Channel Foundation, Inc. (KCFI). Distances and fees: 1K “rat race”, 3K, 5K, and 10K, all at P650.
Enjoy the weekends everyone!