Ready or not, March is just a few weeks away and with it, summer! While we still have some time before it arrives, now a good time to start planning your races (which may help you get that beach bod). Here are some of the running events lined up for March:
March 04, 2012: Run United 1 (SM Mall of Asia)
|500m||₱350||Singlet, ULAH Race Bib Holder, Bib with Timing Chip, Riovana 10% Discount Stub, Finishers Bag & Drinks, Race Analysis, Free Pics|
|21K||₱900||All of the above plus finishers medal and shirt|
- RunRio/Unilab Active Health will be providing a SHUTTLE SERVICE for 21K participants. The service will have the SM Mall of Asia as its pick-up point and will bring the 21K runners to the 21K starting line at the BGC.
- Why SM Mall of Asia as pick-up point? The race owners and organizers considers those 21K runners who may have other members of the family who will be running a shorter distance so SM Mall of Asia is a more feasible originating point. Besides, there are more available parking areas there than in BGC.
- More details and mechanics for the Shuttle Service will be posted once available.
- Baggage Services will be available at the BGC race area in the form of ROVING BAGGAGE SERVICE VANS which will be on standby prior to race start and will move to the SM Mall of Asia to bring these checked-in baggages to the designated Baggage Claim Areas.
For more information about Run United 1, visit runrio.com.
March 18, 2012: 143 Go! (UP Diliman)
|3K||₱400||Race Kit with Singlet|
(any gender combo)
|₱750||Race Kit with two (2) singlets|
Now on it’s second year, 143 Go! 2 aims to raise funds for the charity patients of the Philippine Heart Center. For more information about this event, visit their Facebook event page.
March 18, 2012: Race Against Raze (Bonifacio Global City)
|3K||₱450||Race Kit with Singlet|
- Medals await all 16K finishers
- Medals await the first 100 finishers of 3K, 5K and 10K category
- Certificates will be awarded to all finishers
This race is for the benefit of the Philippine Children’s Medical Center Child Neuroscience Center. For more information about this event, visit pepsquadevents.com/rar/.
March 24, 2012 (Saturday): Camp Run (Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City)
|5K||₱400||Event singlet and finisher’s dog tag|
The 3rd Camp Run is for the benefit of Educational Benefit Systems Office (EBSO), HERO Foundation, Adopt-A-School, e-media and 57/75 Movement. You may register at AFP EBSO (Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City), New Balance Trinoma, or online.
For more information about this event, visit www.extribe.com.ph.
March 25, 2012: Globe Run for Home (Cebu International Convention Center, Cebu City)
|3K||₱300||Race Kit with Singlet and timing chip|
Registration: You may register at 1st Level, Paseo Ciudad, Ayala Center, Cebu until March 16, 2012 from 10AM to 8PM; or online if you are outside Cebu City.
- For groups of four (4) running in the same category, they will be allowed to bring in a fifth member for free.
- Online registration is recommended for participants who are based outside Cebu.
- Delivery fee will be charged on top of the registration fee.
- Runner’s kit will be delivered to the specified address of online registrants on or before March 23, 2012
Globe Run4Home 2012 races to Cebu
All roads lead to the Queen City of the South as Cebu becomes the official home of this year’s Globe Run4Home, one of the biggest and most awaited running events in the country with the many innovations it pioneered in Philippine marathon history.
The Globe Run4Home 2012 races to the Cebu International Convention Center on March 25, 2012 gathering not only the running community of Cebu, but also its legion of running aficionados in Manila and key cities nationwide to celebrate a common cause: help provide sustainable shelter to those in need, especially victims of Typhoon Sendong.
Globe taps previous Run4Home beneficiaries Gawad Kalinga and Habitat for Humanity Philippines to help raise funds for their housing development projects for the typhoon victims in Iligan and Cagayan de Oro respectively. Completing the roster of partner-beneficiaries are Cebu Biodiversity Conservation Foundation, a Cebu-based organization that aims to transform communities in key biodiversity areas into becoming more effective stewards of the environment, and the Philippine Tarsier Foundation, a non-stock, non-profit organization that spearheads a massive campaign to save the Philippine Tarsier and preserve its habitat.
Registration fees per category are P300 for 3K, P400 for 5K, P500 for 10K, P600 for 15K and P700 for 21K, the most affordable registration rate ever in Globe Run4Home history, making the running event more accessible to the growing running community, especially in Cebu. The registration fee entitles runners to their race shirts available in various sizes, race bib number, timing chip, and finisher’s medal for the 21K category. A portion of the runners’ registration fees will be donated to their beneficiary of choice to support their respective advocacies and programs.
In order to attract more participants, group runners are also encouraged to join—with a special treat. For groups of four running in the same category, they will be allowed to bring in a fifth member for free.
Join the Globe Run4Home 2012 and be part of a nationwide revolution towards inspiring hope for the less privileged families, communities, endangered species, and key biodiversity areas. Registration starts on February 1, 2012 via http://www.globe.com.ph/run or at the Paseo de Ciudad, 1st level, Ayala Center, Cebu City. Globe Run4Home 2012 is supported by Alaska, Gatorade, Summit Natural Drinking Water, and Timex. Media partners are the Philippine Daily Inquirer, The Philippine Star, Cebu Daily News and Newsbytes.
For more information about this event, visit www.run4home.race-registration-now.com.
* * * * *
March is indeed a great time to get back into running and into shape because not only is it practically summer, there are also interesting races for a good cause. I already have my picks, hope I got to help plan yours. Keep running! 😀