Can you go another round? That’s what Rogin-E is asking as the ultimate test of endurance is back with the Last Man Running 2 on March 24, 2012. Here are the event details:
The event will be divided into 3 categories: 5+2K Race, 10+4K Race, and the centerpiece event – the Rogin-E’s Last Man Running (LMR), a 7-hour marathon.
Rogin-E Last Man Running 2 (Bonifacio Global City)
March 24, 2012 (Saturday)
|5+2K||₱600||Singlet, timing chip, race bib,
and meal stub
You may register online at www.roginelmr.com or at the following sites:
- Olympic Village
- Alabang Town Center
- Robinson’s Pioneer
- Robinson’s Ermita
- Bonifacio High Street
- Walk-in participants are also welcome to register on the day of the event, provided they register at least one hour before gun start of their chosen race category.
- There will be water aid stations every 2k along the race route.
- Portalets will be stationed along the race course.
- For the 5+2K and 10+4K legs, runners can stop at the 5K/10K mark, but they can also take on the challenge of a further 2K/4K.
Last Man Running
- LMR runners must maintain the nominated pace per hour, as guided by the Rogin- E pacers. Runners who fail to maintain the minimum pace will be swept off the course by roving or stationed race marshals.
- At no time during the run are LMR runners allowed to stop, except for the following cases: lavatory break, to hyrdrate at hydration stations, to eat at carboloading stations, sponge bath, or to fix running gear. They MUST rejoin the RUNNING GROUP and maintain the current nominated pace. Any other reason for stopping will subject the LMR contender to disqualification.
- LMR Runners may withdraw from the race at any time during the 7-hour period. Upon withdrawal, all colored strings given during his/her participation in the run will be collected by the nearest race marshal. Likewise, all runners who were swept off by race marshals must surrender their strings.
- The organizers of LMR and its appointed race officials reserve the right to declare any LMR contender unfit to continue with the run upon recommendation of the race medical team.
- Carboloading stations, located 5K apart will open after the third hour of the race.
- Cold sponge stations will be available after the fifth hour.
- At exactly 7 hours after gun start, all race marshals will simultaneously blow their whistles to signal the end of the endurance race. All participants of LMR who are still in competition will be assisted right away by the most proximate race marshal. His/her race bib number and exact location (from the nearest distance marker) will then be recorded and subsequently submitted to the chief race judge to determine LMR and LWR winners.
- Rogin- E’s Last Man Running will be capped at about 7 hours. One lap is approximately 10K.
- Those who wish to register for LMR must submit (in addition to the other requirements) proof of participation in a full marathon (42.195km or longer) within 6 months prior to LMR, OR a medical certificate from a physician indicating participant’s fitness to participate in such a competition.
- Participants must check in 30 minutes before gun start. Those who fail to check in will be disqualified.
- All LMR participants will be given two race bibs with identical numbers. These must be pinned at the front and back of the runner’s singlet.
- The male and female runners who sustain the nominated pace throughout the marathon and run the furthest distance will be declared as the Last Man and Woman Running.
- In case there are no more runners during the 7th hour, the male and female runners who stopped running last will be declared as the LMR and LWR. Runners should sustain the nominated pace throughout the race to be qualified.
- There will be markers every 100m along the perimeter of the route to help runners determine the distance they’ve ran.
- All LMR participants will be handed colored strings for every hour they successfully complete.
- ALL LMR participants must maintain the nominated pace:
|1st||2AM – 3AM||7:30||8K|
|2nd||3AM – 4AM||6:00||10K|
|3rd||4AM – 5AM||5:00||12K|
|4th||5AM – 6AM||4:30||13K|
|5th||6AM – 7AM||7:30||8K|
|6th||7AM – 8AM||6:00||10K|
|7th||8AM – 9AM||Runner’s own pace terminating at the finish line|
- The Last Man Running will be awarded a trip to Beijing, China and entry to the Great Wall Marathon worth ₱150,000. The Last Woman Running will receive a cash award of ₱20,000.
For more information about this event, visit roginelmr.com.