Updated August 08, 2012: One of my most memorable races, Rexona Run, is back on its third year and as always, something new is being introduced. Here are the details.
Rexona Run 2012: Outrun Yourself (SM Mall of Asia)
August 12, 2012
September 23, 2012
You may register at the following sites:
- Bonifacio Global City – Mon to Sun, 12PM to 9PM
- Katipunan – Mon to Sun, 10AM to 8PM
- SM Mall of Asia – Mon to Sun, 12PM to 8PM
- Trinoma – Mon to Sun, 12PM to 8PM
Yes you read that right, a relay race! For those who find the 21K too long you can just “coerce” a friend to join you in the 21K relay race. Both runners in the relay will be doing 10.5K each on separate routes, and should you both be able to finish your legs, you both get a finisher’s medal! Neat. And for a change, instead of passing a baton like in traditional relay race, you will pass your lone race belt (to be issued on race day). Your bib will be attached to a race belt making it easy to remove and put back on in the relay transition area.
- Registration includes a singlet, bib with B-Tag, Rexona aerosol, and Riovana 10% discount stub
- 21K Relay registrants get all of the above, an extra singlet and Rexona aerosol (one for each participant), and a race belt (on race day)
- Loot bags and race analysis for all finishers
- Finisher’s medal for 21K relay and 21K solo runners
- Finisher’s shirt for 21K solo runners
And since this year’s theme is “Outrun Yourself,” Rexona is challenging everyone to run their best and beat their personal bests. Of course Rexona won’t know accurately each runner’s personal best, they simply set a goal: run your 5K in under 30 minutes or your 21K in under 2 hours (gun time so don’t be late!) and you get an additional commemorative key chain.
For more information about this race, visit runrio.com.