The Run for the Pasig River is back on its third year, and this time it is dubbed “The Quezon City Experience.” The race for the first time will start in Quezon Memorial Circle and aims to cleanup the waterways in the city that lead to the Pasig River.
The Quezon City Experience: A Run for the Pasig River
Quezon Memorial Circle, Quezon City
September 30, 2012
|5K||₱300||₱150||Race bib, race manuals, BayaNiJuan lanyard|
|15K||₱1,200||₱800||Race bib, race manuals, BayaNiJuan lanyard, BayaNiJuan shoe bag, technical shirt|
|15K Ride & Roll (Bike)||₱750||Race bib, race manuals, BayaNiJuan lanyard, BayaNiJuan shoe bag, technical shirt, helmet sticker|
* Present your valid ID and its photocopy upon registration
You may register on the following sites:
- SM North EDSA
- Run for the Pasig River booth, 2F Cinema C lobby (near IMAX Theater)
- SM Megamall (starting July 25)
- Run for the Pasig River booth, Lower Ground Floor Bldg. A (near Food Court)
- SM Mall of Asia (starting July 27)
- Run for the Pasig River booth, Ground Floor Main Mall (near Music Mall and Bowling Center)
- ROX (TBA)
- Bonifacio High Street
The race is being organized by ABS-CBN Foundation and aims to raise awareness and funds for the rehabilitation of Pasig River and the waterways connected to it. Four (4) such waterways are located in Quezon City and are the target of this year’s event: Tullahan River, Marikina River, Meycauayan River, and San Juan River.
- North Ave.: SM North, TriNoma, NHA-NCR, Veterans, NAPWC
- Visayas Ave.: DA, NBC, DENR, NFA
- Elliptical Road: QC Hall, Lung Center, NHA, PCA, DA, DAR
- Others: TechnoHub, University Ave. (UP Diliman), Teacher’s Village, Centris Station
- There will be water stations in the assembly area, but no cups will be provided in the 5K run (only along the 15K route) to minimize waste production for event. Participants should bring their own water bottles.