One of the most fun races of last year is back, adobo Run After Dark, now on its third year. Like last year, it is set to be a Halloween party with a run and, as the name implies, a night race. Here are the details:
adobo Run After Dark (SM Mall of Asia)
October 20, 2012 (Saturday)
You may register online via www.adobomagazine/adoborun until October 15, 2012, or at the following sites until October 17, 2012:
- ROX (Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City)
- RUNNR (Bonifacio High Street, Taguig City)
- Second Wind (45 Malingap St., Teacher’s Village, Quezon City)
- adobo Magazine (OPVI Center, 2295 Pasong Tamo Extension, Makati)
- Registration includes a race kit with a singlet, timing chip, race map, and a race bib with a celebrity adobo recipe from
- Janice de Belen
- Judy Ann Santos
- Athena Garcia, Jr.
- Emman Buquid, Jr.
- Randy Ortiz
- Lexi Schultze
- Martin Nievera
- Chef Boy Logro
- Will Antonio
- Pops Fernandez
- Tim Yap
- Mylene Dizon
- Glenda Barretto
- Kris Aquino
- Ogie Alcasid
- Carmina Villarroel
- Rovilson Fernandez
- and more!
- Finisher’s medal for 15K finishers
- There’s going to be a party after the race with free flowing Manila beer, fireworks, and live performances by
- Tanya Markova
- Halik ni Gringo
- The Discoball
- Ultra Marine
- Route of 10K and 15K events are 2 and 3 loops of the 5K route, respectively
- The race is for the benefit of My Shelter Foundation
- Cash prizes are awarded to the creepiest, wackiest and most creative costumes of the night, but you have to finish your race to qualify
* * * * *
I remember having so much fun with last year’s adobo run as it’s the first time I had ran in a costume! My friends were also in their costumes and I could really say you’d miss out on all the fun if you come in your “generic” running outfits as adobo Run After Dark is really intended to be an advanced Halloween party! I strongly suggest that you join this race in your costumes, forget about having a new personal best, and just have fun!
* * * * *
Good News Nocturnal Runners. Adobo Run After Dark Returns
Gear up in your neons and reflectors as adobo Magazine, the country’s premier advertising and brand communications publication presents its third edition of adobo Run After Dark, the magazine’s trademark Halloween-themed night run and flagship event of the year.
This year’s incarnation sets the stage for an estimated 5,000 runners on October 20, 2012 at the SM Mall of Asia complex with assembly time scheduled after sundown. Runners are encouraged to add to the spectacle by donning their creepiest and craziest Halloween costumes, with cash prizes at stake for best in costume, aside from the top runners of the 5K, 10K and 15K race categories.
Unlike the usual day runs, adobo Run After Dark promises a unique experience for participants as they are treated to all-night festivities after completing their feat, with live music, fireworks displays, and free flowing beer!
Run, party and light up a home as part of the proceeds from registrations will benefit the My Shelter Foundation, headed by social entrepreneur Illac Diaz. Their pet project, ‘Isang Litrong Liwanag’ was also launched at last year’s adobo Run After Dark and has since gained worldwide recognition and support from the United Nations for the grassroots lighting program. Visit www.aliteroflight.org for more information.
Organizing this year’s race is Princess Galura of Event King who is behind other popular and successful running events such as the Condura Skyway Marathon, NatGeo Run, and Alaska’s Iron Man competition, among others. Event King’s participation promises to raise the bar further on technical aspects of the run, while ensuring a fun time to be had by all.
* * * * *