The Cavinti Sports Council, under the auspices of the Cavinti Municipal Government invites you to join the 1st Cavinti Road and Trail Adventure Marathon on November 30, 2013 starting at the Municipal Hall of Cavinti, Laguna. Here are the event particulars:
Cavinti Road and Trail Adventure Marathon
Cavinti Municipal Hall, Laguna
November 30, 2013 (Saturday)
|Category||Registration Fee||Gun Start|
The road and trail run is a no frills race that will have a full marathon (42K), half marathon (21K), 12K and a 6K race, proceeds of which will go to the School for the Deaf in Cavinti, Laguna.
You may register at the following sites:
- ARC Manila
- Quirino Ave. cor Roxas Blvd.
- Secondwind Running Store
- 88 Malingap St Teachers Village Quezon City
- Ortigas Home Depot, Julia Vargas, Pasig City
- 100 Miles Café
- 2F Fort Pointe, Bonifacio Global City
- Green Planet Bikeshop
- San Pablo City, Laguna
- AX Fitness Center
- Sta.Cruz, Laguna
- Cutoff times will be implemented:
Distance Cut-off 42K 10 hours 21K 5 hours 12K 3 hours 6K 1½ hours
- Registration inclusive of singlet, finishers shirt and medals (42K and 21K only), race bibs, packed lunch and race guidelines.
- Baggage counters will be provided for all participants.
- Runners are encouraged to bring their own hydration bottles, hydration back-packs, hydration belts or any hydration gear as disposable cups will not be provided.
- 42K trail race will have water stations every 5K. Bring hydration with at least 1 liter capacity.
- There will be a 10+1 PROMO (until November 16, 2013 only) for groups of ten (10) Runners who will register together. For every group of 10 runners, one (1) race packet will be given for FREE for a distance not exceeding the longest distance a member has registered in, i.e. if a group registers for 5 x 12K and 5 x 21K, 1 free race kit for 12K or 21K shall be given.
* * *
The first ever Cavinti Adventure Trail Marathon will be held on November 30, 2013 in the beautiful, centuries-old town of Cavinti, Laguna Province and starts at the Town Plaza, fronting the historic Our Lord Parish Church.
The town is hosting for the first time a trail run marathon with runners completing a scenic loop deep within forest trails and rough roads, woodlands, rivers, falls and a lake that will surely mesmerize runners completing their respective distances.
The course for the 42K runners will have moderate to steep rolling hills, several river crossings, one of which will lead to the Cavinti underground river. Mild to cool temperatures, expansive views of surrounding mountains, rolling hills, moderate elevation gains, a beautiful lake and wildflower meadows will be some of the highlights of this race.
The start will be at the Cavinti Town Plaza where the town mayor and the townsfolk of Cavinti will be on hand to send-off the runners in their adventure run while the finish will end at the Bumbungan Eco Park Falls where runners will be treated with a sumptuous lunch after they cross the finish line.
The organizers will just be setting up conveniently placed refilling stations in different points of the route. No cups will be provided to ensure an environmentally friendly race.
So runners are encouraged to bring their own hydration bottles, hydration back-packs, hydration belts or any hydration gear.
* * *
Visit the event’s Facebook page for more information.