Nike Philippines launched their Unlimited campaign in the country with a media launch at Whitespace Manila, followed with a preview of the Unlimited Stadium in Bonifacio Global City. Here’s a look at the launch and why you should visit the Unlimited Stadium.
The Unlimited campaign launch started indoors in Whitespace Manila with a media primer on what the campaign is all about. It also included interviews with Lian Melegrito, Jimmy Alapag, and Coach Rio de la Cruz whom sucessfully conquered their own sets of challenges.
The formal launch ended with presentations of endorsers wearing the new Unlimited Colorway of different Nike shoes for different sports.
* * *
* * *
We then moved to Bonifacio Global City to have an early preview of the Unlimited Stadium. As you may have seen from the photo above, the Unlimited Stadium features a track in the shape of the sole print of the Nike LunarEpic Flyknit. It is also lined with LED screens and there’s an overpass in the middle so the central part does not intersect on the same level. And of course we won’t just stand around to admire the track—we’re there to actual test what the fuzz is all about with this stadium!
If you didn’t notice, we were all wearing RFID tags on our shoes, both on the left and right, similar to what was used in Runrio races a few years ago. There are sensors placed on the track, one at the starting line and another at the finish area, to monitor our time. The first lap allows the system to figure out how fast a person is running and get his average speed. On the second lap, an avatar of the runner is shown on the screen approximating where the runner should be based on his/her previous lap. This avatar was created when we register to get our shoes and matching RFID, and was made based on our preferences.
We were challenged to complete four (4) laps and beat our avatars. It’s actually quite fun to see your avatar running alongside you and can give you some pressure if you see it start overtaking you!
In the end I went over the four laps as I lost count but I don’t really mind as it’s quite fun to run around the track with my avatar trying to catch up.
* * *
As stated in the press release above, the Unlimited Stadium opens to the public starting today! And here are some reasons why you should visit, right now:
- The stadium will only be open for the next 17 days!
So you have a lot of days to drop by, why need to rush? It’s because…
- You can get a passport that can give you prizes!
Your passport is your placeholder for stamps (a.k.a. milestones) which you can exchange for items. These “milestones” are achieved from various activities and running the Unlimited Stadium for the first time is one of them.
Here are ways you can earn milestones:
- Download Nike+ Running app
- Download Nike+ Training app
- Run at the Unlimited Stadium for the first time
- Post your Unlimited Stadium run on Instagram with #JustDoIt
- Clock one 10K run in Nike+ Running app
- Clock one 15K run in Nike+ Running app (2 stickers)
- Complete 2 workouts in Nike+ Training Club app
- Complete a total of 42K in 17 days with Nike+ Running app
- Bring a buddy to a NRC or NTC session. Sign up at nike.com/manila.
- Bring a buddy to the Unlimited Stadium
- Trial a shoe at Nike Park Fort
You can repeat these challenges to earn one sticker each:
- Attend NRC session (1 sticker per attendance)
- Attend NTC session (1 sticker per attendance)
- Complete a daily goal at the Unlimited Stadium (1 sticker per completed goal)
- Clock three 3K runs consecutively in Nike+ Running app
- Clock two 5K runs consecutively in Nike+ Running app
|5||First 500 will receive a limited edition sticker pack|
|10||First 500 will receive a pin, dubrae, or lace|
|15||First 150 will receive a free Uber ride, sports massage, or 1-month GuavaPass membership|
|20||First 100 will receive an exclusive Nike tee|
|25||First 40 to complete 25 challenges will be invited to an epic Nike ‘Unlimited You’ experience|
All rewards are on first-come, first served basis.
I don’t know about you, but I’m now very motivated to complete all 25 milestones! 😀