Update (January 19, 2017): This event has been CANCELLED. From Legion Run Philippines (via email):
It is with a heavy heart that we wish to inform you that Legion Run Philippines is CANCELED.
The success of Legion Run relies heavily on the obstacles that have been civil engineered, blueprinted and built by licensed contractors. Unfortunately, these need to be shipped from Bulgaria. We have bumped into a shipping problem and determined that it would be impossible to have the container vans arrive in time for the March 4 event in Greenfield City.
We are saddened that Legion Run won’t push through, but we hope you’ll support us when we’ve sorted things out and hopefully be able to return at a future time.
* * *
One of the most successful and challenging race franchises in the world, Legion Run, has reached Philippine shores and will be having their debut this March! Here is why this event is so successful and why it is as exciting as much as it is intimidating.
Legion Run Philippines 2017
March 04, 2017 (Saturday)
Greenfield City, Sta. Rosa Laguna
|Registration Fee||Early Bird*||Event Day|
|5K with Obstacles||₱2,000||₱1,500||₱2,500|
* November 15 to December 15, 2016
- Online registration is from November 15, 2016 to February 24, 2017
- Onsite registration is from December 16, 2016 to February 24, 2017 at the following Gold’s Gym branches:
- Muñoz Waltermart
- Glorietta 4
- Early registration is exclusively online (click here to register)
- A free beer and an exclusive “I Am Legion” t-shirt for participants
- Event starts 8AM with waves every 20 minutes; maximum of 175 participants per wave
- Spectators allowed along the event course
- More details and FAQs here
Yes, I got chills watching that video. With at least 20 obstacles, the Legion Run is quite intimidating. Just take a look at those obstacles! They made all the past obstacle events in the country look like child’s play. You’d get wet and muddy and you’d walk, crawl, climb, etc. But it looks so exciting! And I don’t really imagine doing this alone—I imagine doing this with friends like a team building activity (on steroids!). There’s no time limit and cooperation is highly encouraged so as much as I’m intimidated by the obstacles, I’m also excited to conquer the challenges with friends!
# # #
Details and FAQs
* * *
This is a very early preview of this event so bookmark this post for future updates.
For more information about this event, visit legionrun.com.