Feb

RP’s Last Weekend in RP

This weekend would be my last weekend here in the Philippines, temporarily at least.  I’ll be off for the USA for some business trip and be away for almost a month, thereby missing a lot of good races.  It should be interesting since it would be my first time in another continent, add to the fact that it would be my first winter experience—it should make for some remarkable running experience, don’t you think?

My biggest concern is of course, winter.  I’ve no experience dealing with such low temperatures, specifically below 0C (32F).  I refuse to be tied to a treadmill during my trip. I’ve always been a fan of the great outdoors so running outside during winter (which I wouldn’t experience in the Philippines) would be exciting, almost like a dream, but I have no idea how I’d deal with the weather.  As tough as winter may seem I still refuse to let it stop me from running.  Like what I always say, “takbo hangga’t may lupa” (run while there’s still ground), this time I can add to it “…kahit nagyeyelo” (even if it’s freezing).  I just don’t know what to wear to be able to do my winter run… care for any suggestions?

6 Responses to “RP’s Last Weekend in RP”

1. 1 i2runner
    2009 February 08 at 9:33 PM

Wow, good luck! Don’t forget to update us with your pictures of your would-be snow running! Let us know how hard it can be in the states so we could appreciate the weather here in Manila.

> Thanks! I’ll definitely share my adventures there.

2. 2 i2runner
    2009 February 08 at 9:37 PM

By the way, I’m curious what would happen to your 2-liter hydration pack if you do a 2+hour 21Km run in the snow. Maybe you’ll have an ice-cold Gatorade and have a “brain-freeze” if you drink it. Hahaha! 🙂

> As much as I’d like to bring my hydration bag along I can’t, but definitely if I’ll be able to join a race I’ll share how it went.

3. 2009 February 09 at 1:09 PM

Dennis, where will you be headed in the U.S. If San Francisco, it won’t likely hit 32 degrees.

Anyway, enjoy the time here. If you’re in SF at all, please contact me. Take care.

> I’ll be going to Columbus, Ohio and by the looks of things I’ll be expecting around 0C (32F), give or take a few degrees, when I arrive so I guess I’ll be experiencing winter for the first time, hehe.

There are lots of places I’d love to go to but since I’m on a business trip it may have to wait until my next trip. Thank you Wayne and I very much look forward to visiting and running in the USA. 😀

4. 2009 February 09 at 3:33 PM

Dennis, pasalubong!!! hehe. Enjoy your cool runnings. Have a safe trip. 🙂

> Thanks! Padalhan ko kayo ng snow! 🙂

5. 5 cathydaza
    2009 February 09 at 4:24 PM

Naks naman! “RP goes non-RP” 😉

Good luck Dennis! Your trip and running adventures there will be amazing for sure! And yes, PASALUBONG ha.

> Thanks Cathy! Hope I can weather the cold and be able to run. Gusto nyo snow? 😀

6. 2009 February 10 at 3:39 PM

magiging favorite channel mo ang weatherchannel. hehehe. eto ang daily habit ko to know what to wear. spring is almost here!

> medyo napadalas nga ang visit ko sa weather.com hehe. I’ll probably buy most of my winter stuff there it’s difficult to find and expensive here in the Philippines.

✍  I’d love to hear from you!  Share your feedback:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow runningpinoy on WordPress.com

🌏 Visits

• 1,088,595 and counting!
Flag Counter
Thank you for visiting!
🇵🇭
The MIRACLE isn’t that I finished.  The miracle is that I had the COURAGE to START
– John “The Penguin Runner” Bingham
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks Shop Amazon - Give the Gift of Amazon Prime Amazon Prime - Give the Gift of Prime

%d bloggers like this: